List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben-Nes Michael Date:August 31 1999 4:50pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?
View as plain text
As I heard there is some problem with the User license, something about what is
Free and who can use.

Rick Moore wrote:

> The MySQL folks are heading towards an interesting milestone.  Soon they
> will have the minimum acceptable SQL functionality (transactions, unions,
> large table support, etc.) required to be competitive (ie interchangeable)
> with some of the major databases.  They will need to make some strategic
> decisions about which market(s) they want to play in, etc...  (My advice:
> watch Linux closely and learn from their successes / mistakes; they are one
> step ahead.  BTW: Why isn't MySQL on the standard Red Hat distribution? )
>
> Rick

--------------------------
Canaan Surfing Ltd.
Internet Service Providers
Ben-Nes Michael - Manager
Tel: 972-6-6925757
Fax: 972-6-6925858
http://www.canaan.co.il
--------------------------

Thread
MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?Ben-Nes Michael31 Aug
  • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?Thimble Smith31 Aug
  • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?Paul DuBois31 Aug
    • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?Ben-Nes Michael31 Aug
    • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?info31 Aug
      • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?sinisa31 Aug
  • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?Ben-Nes Michael31 Aug
    • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?Michael Widenius31 Aug
      • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?Doug Salot1 Sep
        • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?Jules Bean1 Sep
          • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?James Rogers1 Sep
        • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?Jules Bean1 Sep
        • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?Michael Widenius1 Sep
  • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?Cary Collett31 Aug
  • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?Rick Moore31 Aug
    • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?Steve Ruby31 Aug
      • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?Jules Bean31 Aug
        • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?Michael Widenius31 Aug
      • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?sasha31 Aug
      • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?Jules Bean31 Aug
        • Job Available - Perl/MySQLArlen1 Sep
      • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?Michael Widenius31 Aug
      • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?Jules Bean1 Sep
      • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?Rick Moore1 Sep
      • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?Sasha Pachev6 Sep
    • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?Orlando Andico31 Aug
      • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?ed31 Aug
        • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?Cary Collett31 Aug
          • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?ed31 Aug
        • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?Orlando Andico31 Aug
          • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?Michael Widenius1 Sep
            • MySQL, GPL and RedHatMike Wexler1 Sep
              • Re: MySQL, GPL and RedHatThimble Smith1 Sep
              • MySQL, GPL and RedHatMichael Widenius1 Sep
    • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?James Manning31 Aug
      • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?Michael Widenius1 Sep
      • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?Ričardas Čepas1 Sep
  • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?Ben-Nes Michael31 Aug
  • Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?sasha31 Aug
Re: MySQL Speed ?? slower the Oracle ?cmaurand1 Sep