List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mertens Bram Date:August 28 2002 6:07pm
Subject:Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1
View as plain text
On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 20:02, Gerald Clark wrote:
> I doubt mysql as access to /home/M8ram/testmysql/pet.txt.

Sorry, I don't understand: why would mysql have access to a file when I
run LOAD DATA LOCAL... and not when I run it without the LOCAL?

If I run it with LOCAL the data is added to the table without a problem
-- well not entirely without a problem, see my post about NULL values.

(I actually have no idea what the LOCAL does so this may be a dumb
question)

Thanks for the help.

p.s. just in case that wasn't what you meant: M8ram is my username, so
on my (RH7.3) Linux box /home/M8ram is simply my home-directory...

--
 #  Mertens Bram "M8ram" <bram-mertens@stripped>   Linux User #249103  #
 #  Red Hat Linux 7.3  KDE 3.0.0-10  kernel 2.4.18-3  i686  128MB RAM  #

Thread
load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1variableMertens Bram28 Aug
  • Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Egor Egorov28 Aug
    • Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Mertens Bram28 Aug
      • Re: Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Egor Egorov29 Aug
  • Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Gerald Clark28 Aug
    • Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Mertens Bram28 Aug
      • Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Keith C. Ivey29 Aug
        • Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Mertens Bram29 Aug
    • Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Gerald Clark29 Aug