MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Will French Date:August 28 2002 6:03pm
Subject:how does one successfully use mysql_store_result()?
View as plain text
If I understand you correctly, then you are trying to figure out how to
distinguish between an empty result set vs. no result set (i.e. an error if
statement was a SELECT).

In the case of an error (or a not result set returning statement like
INSERT), mysql_store_result will return null.

In the case of an empty set, it will return a (non-null) pointer to a set
that is empty.  Subsequent to this, mysql_fetch_row() will return a null
pointer indicating you have reached EOF for the result set.

Hope this helps

---- original message text ----
HOW does one use this to confirm a record set?  for instance,

if mysql_store_result() = 0 then
    do nothing
end if

where mysql_store_result() returns an empty set on a select statement.

any help obtained would be WONDERFUL!!!  sorry, i'm new to this, the
syntaxtual information is quite confusing to me.

NOTE:  The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  If
you are not the intended recipient, you must not read, use or disseminate the information.
 Although this email and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other
defect
that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the
responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is
accepted by Cadwalader, Wickersham
& Taft for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.

how does one successfully use mysql_store_result()?Will French28 Aug