List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mertens Bram Date:August 28 2002 3:52pm
Subject:Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1
View as plain text
On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 16:51, Egor Egorov wrote:
> Put into my.cnf file :
> [mysql]
> local-infile=1
>
> or start mysql client with --local-infile=1 option.

I tried the first option and it works when use the following command to
load the data-file:
mysql> LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE '/home/M8ram/testmysql/pet.txt' INTO TABLE
pet;
Query OK, 3 rows affected (0.19 sec)
Records: 3  Deleted: 0  Skipped: 0  Warnings: 0

But when I use the above command without the LOCAL option it displays
the following error:
mysql> LOAD DATA INFILE '/home/M8ram/testmysql/pet.txt' INTO TABLE pet;
ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'M8ram@localhost' (Using password:
NO)

Is this 'normal behaviour'?

About the second suggestion: where should this file be located? Is it
possible that it does not exist yet? If so can I create a file named
"my.cnf" with a text-editor (like KWrite) and put it in my home
directory?

Thanks for the help!

--
 #  Mertens Bram "M8ram" <bram-mertens@stripped>   Linux User #249103  #
 #  Red Hat Linux 7.3  KDE 3.0.0-10  kernel 2.4.18-3  i686  128MB RAM  #

Thread
load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1variableMertens Bram28 Aug
  • Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Egor Egorov28 Aug
    • Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Mertens Bram28 Aug
      • Re: Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Egor Egorov29 Aug
  • Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Gerald Clark28 Aug
    • Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Mertens Bram28 Aug
      • Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Keith C. Ivey29 Aug
        • Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Mertens Bram29 Aug
    • Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Gerald Clark29 Aug