MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nicholas Stuart Date:August 28 2002 2:39pm
Subject:Re: MS Access and mySQL
View as plain text
I have been there done that with old access data, but no forms. Your
plans should be focused around what you know and what your systems are
tied to. Since its an NT box you could go with pretty much any language
ie java/vb/c++. VB would be the obvious choice for ease of transfering
the Access VBA forms to straight VB. The only thing you have to be
careful is the access querys. A lot of them will not work on MySQL and
the funny thing is a lot of them will not work on M$'s on SQL server :)
go figure.
As far as the data goes the easist thing I found to transfer it into
mysql is a program called dbtools. You can find it at:
http://www.dbtools.com.br/EN/ It's fairly easy to use and has a great
import wizard.
If you have an specific questions let me know and I'll try my best to
answer them.
-Nick

MySQL Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com) wrote:

>Subject: MS Access and mySQL
>From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Jonathan=20Coleman?= <jonathanrcoleman@stripped>
> ===
>Hi.
>
>I have a situation where a church I am doing some volunteer work for
>has a MS Access (office 97) database running on NT.  They are (woohoo)
>upgrading to a QUBE (linux box) for a server which has mySQL installed
>(and I can upgrade it etc..)
>
>My job therefore is to
>
>a) port MS Access data and queries to mySQL database
>
>b) use the MS Access forms to access the data and queries through ODBC.
>
>Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction, either to
>where the searchable discussion archives are, OR even better, someone
>who has gone through this before?
>
>Cheers
>Jon
>
>http://digital.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Digital How To
>- Get the best out of your PC!

MS Access and mySQLJonathan Coleman28 Aug
  • RE: MS Access and mySQLBryant Hester28 Aug
    • RE: MS Access and mySQLNicholas Stuart28 Aug
      • RE: MS Access and mySQLRoger Davis28 Aug
        • RE: MS Access and mySQLNicholas Stuart28 Aug
        • Re: MS Access and mySQLGelu Gogancea28 Aug
  • mysql password ( )Mark Stringham28 Aug
    • Re: mysql password ( )Leonardo Javier BelĂ©n28 Aug
    • Re: mysql password ( )Daniel Kiss29 Aug
  • Re: mysql password ( )Randy Johnson29 Aug
Re: MS Access and mySQLNicholas Stuart28 Aug
  • RE: MS Access and mySQLMary Stickney28 Aug
    • Re: MS Access and mySQLMark Matthews28 Aug
      • RE: MS Access and mySQLMary Stickney28 Aug
        • Re: RE: MS Access and mySQLEgor Egorov29 Aug
Re: MS Access and mySQLArthur Fuller28 Aug
  • Re: MS Access and mySQLNicholas Stuart29 Aug
Re: mysql password ( )Daniel Kiss29 Aug