MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mertens Bram Date:August 28 2002 7:54am
Subject:load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1
variable
View as plain text
Hi,

I was following the example in the manual (the menagerie database) but I
can not load a file into the table, i get the following error:
mysql> LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE "~/testmysql/pet.txt" INTO TABLE pet;
ERROR 1148: The used command is not allowed with this MySQL version

I searched the archives and found that a variable "local-infile=1" must
be set for the client, but I can not find how to do that.

Can somebody help me with this please?

I'm using mysql version 3.23.49 on a Red Hat Linux 7.3.
--
 #  Mertens Bram "M8ram" <bram-mertens@stripped>   Linux User #249103  #
 #  Red Hat Linux 7.3  KDE 3.0.0-10  kernel 2.4.18-3  i686  128MB RAM  #

Thread
load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1variableMertens Bram28 Aug
  • Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Egor Egorov28 Aug
    • Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Mertens Bram28 Aug
      • Re: Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Egor Egorov29 Aug
  • Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Gerald Clark28 Aug
    • Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Mertens Bram28 Aug
      • Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Keith C. Ivey29 Aug
        • Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Mertens Bram29 Aug
    • Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Gerald Clark29 Aug