MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thomas Spahni Date:August 20 2002 9:35am
Subject:Re: Manual availability
View as plain text
On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Frank Shute wrote:

> Thanks Thomas, I didn't know that mysql came with an info file. Donna
> was kind enough to send me a really nice framed and broken down html
> manual for an old version which I prefer to info. Haven't come across
> pinfo before but I'll check it out.

Frank,

  <http://zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl/~pborys/stable-version/>

My problem is that old manuals are pretty much useless when working with
up to date versions of MySQL. I really want to to have the latest copy
which comes with the source code.

But I fully understand your hesitation to work with info. I feel the same.
That's why I suggested pinfo which is sort of a lynx browser capable of
displaying .info and .man pages.

Regards,
Thomas

Thread
Manual availabilityFrank Shute17 Aug
  • Re: Manual availabilityDonna Robinson17 Aug
  • Re: Manual availabilityThomas Spahni19 Aug
    • Re: Manual availabilityFrank Shute19 Aug
      • mysql comes with linux ?john greene20 Aug
        • RE: mysql comes with linux ?Aron Pilhofer20 Aug
      • Re: Manual availabilityThomas Spahni20 Aug
  • Connecting to another machine with myCCFred Tsang29 Aug
    • Re: Connecting to another machine with myCCAlexander Burbello29 Aug
      • RE: Connecting to another machine with myCCFred Tsang30 Aug
RE: mysql comes with linux ?Walt Weaver20 Aug
  • RE: mysql comes with linux ?Roger Davis20 Aug
    • RE: mysql comes with linux ?John Gruber20 Aug
  • RE: mysql comes with linux ?Aron Pilhofer20 Aug
RE: mysql comes with linux ?Jacob Devore20 Aug