MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Frank Shute Date:August 19 2002 6:13pm
Subject:Re: Manual availability
View as plain text
On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 10:55:32AM +0200, Thomas Spahni wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Frank Shute wrote:
>
> > I'm using 3.23.51 and I wondered if the manual was available as
> > separate pages of html in a tarball.
> >
> > The manual as shipped is a single page and as this machine's dog slow
> > and takes an age to jump from one part of the manual to another,
> > I thought separate pages might improve matters.
> >
> > I can only find the manual for 4.0 at mysql.com in the format I
> > desire.
>
> Frank,
>
> using the manual as a reference to lookup everyday problems I highly
> recommend mysql.info (one file!) together with pinfo 0.6.5 or
> whatever is latest. This lets you jump around in fractions of a second
> with a lynx style browser on the ascii screen.

Thanks Thomas, I didn't know that mysql came with an info file. Donna
was kind enough to send me a really nice framed and broken down html
manual for an old version which I prefer to info. Haven't come across
pinfo before but I'll check it out.

Anybody else interested in a framed and broken down version of the
html manual? If there's any interest I'll mark it up for the latest
3.23 release and make it available if thats OK with the mysql AB
folks, they're welcome to put it on www.mysql.com if they like.

--

 Frank

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
   Boroughbridge.
     ---------
PGP keyID: 0xC0B341A3
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"If I had to quantify Iraq's threat, I would say (it is) zero."
 --
Scott Ritter, former UN weapons inspector.
Thread
Manual availabilityFrank Shute17 Aug
  • Re: Manual availabilityDonna Robinson17 Aug
  • Re: Manual availabilityThomas Spahni19 Aug
    • Re: Manual availabilityFrank Shute19 Aug
      • mysql comes with linux ?john greene20 Aug
        • RE: mysql comes with linux ?Aron Pilhofer20 Aug
      • Re: Manual availabilityThomas Spahni20 Aug
  • Connecting to another machine with myCCFred Tsang29 Aug
    • Re: Connecting to another machine with myCCAlexander Burbello29 Aug
      • RE: Connecting to another machine with myCCFred Tsang30 Aug
RE: mysql comes with linux ?Walt Weaver20 Aug
  • RE: mysql comes with linux ?Roger Davis20 Aug
    • RE: mysql comes with linux ?John Gruber20 Aug
  • RE: mysql comes with linux ?Aron Pilhofer20 Aug
RE: mysql comes with linux ?Jacob Devore20 Aug