MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thomas Spahni Date:August 19 2002 8:55am
Subject:Re: Manual availability
View as plain text
On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Frank Shute wrote:

> I'm using 3.23.51 and I wondered if the manual was available as
> separate pages of html in a tarball.
>
> The manual as shipped is a single page and as this machine's dog slow
> and takes an age to jump from one part of the manual to another,
> I thought separate pages might improve matters.
>
> I can only find the manual for 4.0 at mysql.com in the format I
> desire.

Frank,

using the manual as a reference to lookup everyday problems I highly
recommend mysql.info (one file!) together with pinfo 0.6.5 or
whatever is latest. This lets you jump around in fractions of a second
with a lynx style browser on the ascii screen.

Regards,
Thomas Spahni

Thread
Manual availabilityFrank Shute17 Aug
  • Re: Manual availabilityDonna Robinson17 Aug
  • Re: Manual availabilityThomas Spahni19 Aug
    • Re: Manual availabilityFrank Shute19 Aug
      • mysql comes with linux ?john greene20 Aug
        • RE: mysql comes with linux ?Aron Pilhofer20 Aug
      • Re: Manual availabilityThomas Spahni20 Aug
  • Connecting to another machine with myCCFred Tsang29 Aug
    • Re: Connecting to another machine with myCCAlexander Burbello29 Aug
      • RE: Connecting to another machine with myCCFred Tsang30 Aug
RE: mysql comes with linux ?Walt Weaver20 Aug
  • RE: mysql comes with linux ?Roger Davis20 Aug
    • RE: mysql comes with linux ?John Gruber20 Aug
  • RE: mysql comes with linux ?Aron Pilhofer20 Aug
RE: mysql comes with linux ?Jacob Devore20 Aug