MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Aron Pilhofer Date:August 16 2002 8:37pm
Subject:RE: Access to MySQL
View as plain text
If your table(s) are already set to comply with MySQL's much stricter
formatting standards (e.g., spaces in field names, etc), then you can simply
create an ODBC connection and "export" your table to the MySQL database.
That does not always work, and does not always work well. But it is pretty
simple.

A sounder approach is to create the table in MySQL, then export the table as
a tab-delimited text file, and use the "load data...infile" statement --
though I suspect you're looking for a shortcut from doing just exactly that.

There are some tools out there that will help. There's an Access module you
can use (the name escapes me now) that takes an Access table and does a dump
of it into the proper format for import into MySQL. Mascon, which is
shareware but relatively cheap, has an outstanding import tool. Best I've
seen, anyway.

HTH

aron