MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:August 16 2002 4:35pm
Subject:Re: Persisten Connections
View as plain text
At 08:40 AM 8/14/2002, you wrote:
>I am running a website which generates around 100,000 pageviews a day and I
>am wondering if I stop using persistent conections to the MySQL database and
>use
>normal open and close conections this would reduce the load onto my server?
>
>Most conections are either made through my "main" file or the phorum message
>board system.
>
>Thanks in advance
>John Wards

John,
         I profiled my PHP app with a debugger and discovered connecting to
MySQL 4.x with persistent connections actually took 50% longer than
non-persistent connections. (It added an extra 80ms to connect). So I don't
see why persistent connections is useful at all with MySQL.

Mike

Thread
Persisten ConnectionsJohn Wards14 Aug
  • Re: Persisten ConnectionsThomas Seifert14 Aug
    • Re: Persisten ConnectionsTod Harter14 Aug
  • Re: Persisten ConnectionsJocelyn Fournier14 Aug
  • Re: Persisten Connectionspeter.brawley14 Aug
  • Re: Persisten ConnectionsJocelyn Fournier14 Aug
  • Re: Persisten ConnectionsStreetWarz & SpeedWarz14 Aug
  • Re: Persisten ConnectionsJocelyn Fournier15 Aug
  • Re: Persisten ConnectionsGelu Gogancea15 Aug
  • Re: Persisten Connectionsmos16 Aug
  • Re: Persisten Connectionsmos17 Aug
Re: Persisten ConnectionsPaul DuBois14 Aug
Re: Persisten ConnectionsThomas Seifert14 Aug
RE: Persisten ConnectionsSteve Orr16 Aug
RE: Persisten ConnectionsSteve Orr16 Aug