MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Francois Joubert Date:August 16 2002 1:45pm
Subject:Migrating Oracle To MySQL
View as plain text
Hi

I am new to the world of databases. We will be installing an Oracle9i
database shortly as the backend for our current financial package. We
hope to replace it with MySQL in the future. The data held in the
database will be predominantly of text-type. However, some data fields
will be binary. Is it a scary job transferring data from Oracle to
MySQL? What tools are available to assist in such a process.

Thanks.

Francois
Imagination  25 Store Street South Crescent London WC1E 7BL England |
             Tel +44 20 7323 3300    Fax +44 20 7323 5801           |
Thread
Migrating Oracle To MySQLFrancois Joubert16 Aug
RE: Migrating Oracle To MySQLGreg_Cope16 Aug
RE: Migrating Oracle To MySQLStanley.G.Martin16 Aug