MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thomas Seifert Date:August 14 2002 1:54pm
Subject:Re: Persisten Connections
View as plain text
it will reduce the load for sure!
MySQL is very fast in opening and closing connections at least if the database-server
and webserver are on the same machine.
I don't know how it will perform on different machines.

Thomas

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:40:31 +0100
"John Wards" <j.wards@stripped> wrote:

> I am running a website which generates around 100,000 pageviews a day and I
> am wondering if I stop using persistent conections to the MySQL database and
> use
> normal open and close conections this would reduce the load onto my server?
>
> Most conections are either made through my "main" file or the phorum message
> board system.
>
> Thanks in advance
> John Wards

Thread
Persisten ConnectionsJohn Wards14 Aug
  • Re: Persisten ConnectionsThomas Seifert14 Aug
    • Re: Persisten ConnectionsTod Harter14 Aug
  • Re: Persisten ConnectionsJocelyn Fournier14 Aug
  • Re: Persisten Connectionspeter.brawley14 Aug
  • Re: Persisten ConnectionsJocelyn Fournier14 Aug
  • Re: Persisten ConnectionsStreetWarz & SpeedWarz14 Aug
  • Re: Persisten ConnectionsJocelyn Fournier15 Aug
  • Re: Persisten ConnectionsGelu Gogancea15 Aug
  • Re: Persisten Connectionsmos16 Aug
  • Re: Persisten Connectionsmos17 Aug
Re: Persisten ConnectionsPaul DuBois14 Aug
Re: Persisten ConnectionsThomas Seifert14 Aug
RE: Persisten ConnectionsSteve Orr16 Aug
RE: Persisten ConnectionsSteve Orr16 Aug