MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Wards Date:August 14 2002 1:40pm
Subject:Persisten Connections
View as plain text
I am running a website which generates around 100,000 pageviews a day and I
am wondering if I stop using persistent conections to the MySQL database and
use
normal open and close conections this would reduce the load onto my server?

Most conections are either made through my "main" file or the phorum message
board system.

Thanks in advance
John Wards

Thread
Persisten ConnectionsJohn Wards14 Aug
  • Re: Persisten ConnectionsThomas Seifert14 Aug
    • Re: Persisten ConnectionsTod Harter14 Aug
  • Re: Persisten ConnectionsJocelyn Fournier14 Aug
  • Re: Persisten Connectionspeter.brawley14 Aug
  • Re: Persisten ConnectionsJocelyn Fournier14 Aug
  • Re: Persisten ConnectionsStreetWarz & SpeedWarz14 Aug
  • Re: Persisten ConnectionsJocelyn Fournier15 Aug
  • Re: Persisten ConnectionsGelu Gogancea15 Aug
  • Re: Persisten Connectionsmos16 Aug
  • Re: Persisten Connectionsmos17 Aug
Re: Persisten ConnectionsPaul DuBois14 Aug
Re: Persisten ConnectionsThomas Seifert14 Aug
RE: Persisten ConnectionsSteve Orr16 Aug
RE: Persisten ConnectionsSteve Orr16 Aug