List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Collins Date:August 11 2002 4:56pm
Subject:Re: Need reversible encryption as string
View as plain text
At 9:54 AM -0700 8/11/02, Mike Wexler wrote:
>>I would think that using the SQL shown would require a table scan,
>>meaning that each and every record in the visitors table must be
>>examined, the LoginPassword decoded and compared. There is also no
>>way to index this field. I do not think this is the best solution
>>after adding 100,000 records.
>
>If you have an index on EmailAddress this will not require a
>complete scan. It will do a simple index lookup on the email
>address. Get any matching records and compare the password on each
>of these.

OK that is the  answer. Thank you for the help!

--
Michael
__
||| Kuwago Inc            |||      mailto:mcollins@stripped
||| Seattle, WA, USA      |||      http://www.lassodev.com
Thread
Need reversible encryption as stringMichael Collins11 Aug
  • Re: Need reversible encryption as stringMike Hall11 Aug
    • Re: Need reversible encryption as stringMichael Collins11 Aug
    • Re: [OT] assigning new passwords (was: Need reversible encryption as string)Benjamin Pflugmann11 Aug
  • Re: Need reversible encryption as stringPaul DuBois11 Aug
    • Re: Need reversible encryption as stringBenjamin Pflugmann11 Aug
      • Re: Need reversible encryption as stringPaul DuBois11 Aug
  • Re: [OT] assigning new passwords (was: Need reversible encryption as string)Mike Hall11 Aug
    • Re: [OT] assigning new passwords (was: Need reversible encryptionas string)Joe Shear12 Aug
Re: Need reversible encryption as stringMichael Collins11 Aug