List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:miguel solorzano Date:August 3 2002 10:54pm
Subject:Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?
View as plain text
At 16:05 3/8/2002 -0500, Paul DuBois wrote:
Hi Paul,

<cut>

>Thanks, Miguel.  This sounds promising.  I don't see anything about this
>in the 4.0.2 change notes,

Sorry Indeed it wasn't mentioned.

>  and I have some questions about how this works:
>
>- What does the argument after the --install argument represent?

Represents the service name and the server group set on mysql.ini.

>   Is it a
>   service name?

Yes and the server group section.

>   Does it cause the server to use a different default named
>   pipe name?

No, for optional service must be used TCP/IP.
The problem here is that the service and group server section is
an user choice and the client library is compiled only for the
current named pipe.

>   Is this value case sensitive?

No.

>- When an argument is given after --install, that argument becomes the name
>   of the option file group that the server reads from option files?  Does it
>   still read [mysqld], or *only* [mysqlopt]?

The server which was installed without the argument uses the default
server group section called [mysqld] and the optional one the same name
of the service. In another words both server use the same my.ini file
but with different group server section

>- How do you remove the service?  Do you give the same argument after
>--remove,
>   for example: mysqld-max-nt --remove mysqldopt

Yes. I also can be use for to remove the default service:
mysqld-max-nt --remove mysql

For technical support contracts, visit https//order.mysql.com
    __  ___     ___ ____  __
   /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Miguel Angel Solórzano <miguel@stripped>
  / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__   MySQL AB, Fulltime Developer
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/   São Paulo - Brazil
        <___/   www.mysql.com

Thread
Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Paul DuBois25 Jul
  • Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Bhavin Vyas26 Jul
    • Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?miguel solorzano26 Jul
      • Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Paul DuBois4 Aug
        • Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?miguel solorzano4 Aug
          • Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Paul DuBois6 Aug
            • Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?miguel solorzano7 Aug
  • RE: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?mysql@scibit.com26 Jul
Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Bhavin Vyas26 Jul
  • Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Michael Tam26 Jul
  • RE: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Xavier PrĂ©lat26 Jul
Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Heikki Tuuri26 Jul
RE: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Luc Foisy26 Jul