List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mysql@scibit.com Date:January 1 1970 12:00am
Subject:RE: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?
CC:"mysql@lists.mysql.com" <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
View as plain text
Hi,

When starting the MySQL server from the command line, you can successfully run multiple
MySQL servers in the same Windows machine. This is possible because you can specify the
port number MySQL has to bind to on the command line. All you have to do is run each
server on a different port. I'm not sure if and don't think it is possible to tell MySQL
which network interface to use, in case the machine has more than one.

However running MySQL as a service, the only way to specify the port number is by using
the my.cnf configuration file. Although you can set up multiple MySQL services, they will
all read the same config file and you will not be able to run each on a different port.

HTH

Kind Regards
Antonie, SciBit MySQL Team

Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Paul DuBois25 Jul
  • Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Bhavin Vyas26 Jul
    • Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?miguel solorzano26 Jul
      • Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Paul DuBois4 Aug
        • Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?miguel solorzano4 Aug
          • Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Paul DuBois6 Aug
            • Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?miguel solorzano7 Aug
  • RE: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?mysql@scibit.com26 Jul
Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Bhavin Vyas26 Jul
  • Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Michael Tam26 Jul
  • RE: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Xavier PrĂ©lat26 Jul
Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Heikki Tuuri26 Jul
RE: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Luc Foisy26 Jul