MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:James Manning Date:August 27 1999 9:05pm
Subject:Re: Large files on 32 bit CPU Linux
View as plain text
> I have got an info from Professor Reiser of Reiser FS fame, which I
> would like to share with others.
>
> For all those Linux users who are running it on 32-bit architectures,
> like Intel and wish to use 64-bit file sizes and offsets, there is a
> new set of stable patches available here:
>
>    ftp://mea.tmt.tele.fi/linux/LFS/

Just in case someone is thinking of trying this...

I used LFS v0.15 against 2.2.9 with the s/w raid patches
from kernel.org daemons/raid/alpha/ and the two had some
weird conflicts.  While the files appeared to get written
out and take up the necessary space, both ls -l and
stat64() didn't show the > 4GB files (19GB in one case)
as their true size.  It didn't much matter, everything worked,
but some reports would be incorrect (both "du" and "df"
appeared to see the real size fine, though)

James
--
Miscellaneous Engineer --- IBM Netfinity Performance Development
Thread