MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 26 1999 11:45am
Subject:mysql_install_db crashes without error logs
View as plain text
> writes:

TD> Hi there,
TD> I'm trying to install MySQL on the system of my ISP, they gave me a root account
> however I'm not familiar with the distribution they're running. Anyways my problem is as
> following:

TD> The system is a SunOS 5.5.1 and I was told you needed to install a Solaris binary
> on that. So I downloaded the mysql-3.22.25-sun-solaris2.6-sparc version, extracted it to
> /usr/local/mysql-3.22.25-sun-solaris2.6-sparc then made a link /usr/local/mysql to that
> and tried to run /scripts/mysql_install_db (it's output is in the mysqlerror file) however
> this stops without creating any tables. It says something about a log file in /data
> however this only contains two directories who are also both empty ./data/mysql and
> ./data/test.

TD> Any ideas?

TD> Thanks a lot,

Hi!

SunOS 5.5.1 is the same as Solaris 2.5;  You can't use a Solaris 2.6
binary on this!

Please download the Solaris 2.5 binary or use the MySQL source
distribution!

Regards,
Monty

PS: Sorry for the late reply, but I have been away on Linux World Expo
    and on the O'Reilly open source conference.

Thread
mysql_install_db crashes without error logsTD - Sales Int' Holland23 Aug
  • mysql_install_db crashes without error logssinisa23 Aug
  • mysql_install_db crashes without error logsMichael Widenius27 Aug