MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Hay Date:July 10 2002 3:59pm
Subject:Re: Bug with AUTO_INCREMENT
View as plain text
Thomas Spahni wrote:

>Steve,
>
>I tried your example on MyIsam tables; no problems with auto_increment at
>all, except for a few
>
>ERROR 1040: Too many connections
>
>when 100 scripts are inserting concurrently at full speed.
>
>Thomas

I've tried the same myself on MyISAM tables as well now, and I also
found that there is no problem - it only seems to happen using BDB tables.

However, I need to use BDB tables rather than MyISAM to get transaction
support, which is required by the software that I'm working on.

In fact, it seems that BDB tables work too if the transaction support is
not used, i.e. set AUTOCOMMIT=1 and don't bother with explicit COMMIT
statements.

Maybe MySQL has a problem with AUTO_INCREMENT when used with transactions?

- Steve

Thread
Bug with AUTO_INCREMENTSteve Hay10 Jul
  • Re: Bug with AUTO_INCREMENTRichard Fox10 Jul
  • Re: Bug with AUTO_INCREMENTSteve Hay10 Jul
    • Re: Bug with AUTO_INCREMENTThomas Spahni10 Jul
  • Re: Bug with AUTO_INCREMENTVictoria Reznichenko12 Jul
  • Re: Bug with AUTO_INCREMENTSteve Hay12 Jul
Re: Bug with AUTO_INCREMENTSteve Hay10 Jul
Re: Bug with AUTO_INCREMENTMark Matthews10 Jul
Re: Bug with AUTO_INCREMENTSteve Hay12 Jul