List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bert VdB Date:July 10 2002 8:05am
Subject:RE: Implementing commit,transaction in isam table type
View as plain text
Seems fairly impossible to me to really emulate transactions on a
non-transactional db.
Even if you develop a system where you :
a. collect all queries untill the end and then perform them in 1 block
b. keep your own logs of the queries and be able to roll them back in case
of error
even then it will not be a real transaction, because for example :
- a server-crash whilest doing the 1-block-query will corrupt the database
- same for the roll back you have written
- you don't have isolation levels, so queries will read wrong data
- ...

Switch to InnoDB is my advice :)

B.