List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Heikki Tuuri Date:July 3 2002 9:04am
Subject:Re: MAX vs plain vanilla mysql
View as plain text
Petre,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Petre Agenbag" <internet@stripped>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.mysql
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 9:01 AM

> Thanks,
>
> So, just to be 100% sure, the BEST to do is to install max, as I can't
> see any reason why NOT to...? No performance issues when used as a plain
> vanilla model, no stability and no security issues either, only "down"
> side to it is that it is a tad bit larger ?

no MyISAM bugs which would have been special to the -Max version have been
reported, as far as I know. The security is the same in both versions
because the MyISAM source code is the same.

> PS,
> Oh, and why do I always get a returned mail when posting to this list,
> yet my message still seems to reach it?

Me too :). Looks like we almost always have some glitch in the mail server
of some recipient of the mailing list, or in the mail server itself. I have
notified the MySQL web team about this bug.

> Thanks
> Petre

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
---
InnoDB - transactions, row level locking, and foreign key support for MySQL
See http://www.innodb.com, download MySQL-Max from http://www.mysql.com