MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Heikki Tuuri Date:July 3 2002 8:52am
Subject:Re: innodb is disabled, how can i make it yes?
View as plain text
Hytham,

----- Original Message -----
From: ""Hytham Shehab"" <hythamshb@stripped>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.mysql
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 6:21 AM

> hi Heikki,
>  i do what u said:
>  > yourpathtomysqlbindir> mysqld-max-nt --console
>  cannot initialize innodb as 'innodb_data_file_path' is not set
>  i sword in god that i have set this data file path as:
>  innodb_data_file_path=c:/mysql/data/ibdata:300M
>  and this is a valid directory, and some times i get another error
message:
>  os error number 123 in a file operation ???!!!

have you added the line to the [mysqld] section in my.cnf? my.cnf should
look like this:

[mysqld]
innodb_data_home_dir=
innodb_data_file_path=c:/mysql/data/ibdata:300M

Also, if you do not specify innodb_data_home_dir, it gets the datadir of
MySQL as the default. Then you cannot give the absolute file path to the
ibdata file like you have done above. In this case MySQL-Max-3.23.51 and
4.0.2 print:

C:\m\client_debug>mysqld --console
020703 11:40:04  InnoDB: Operating system error number 123 in a file
operation.
InnoDB: See http://www.innodb.com/ibman.html for installation help.
InnoDB: Look from section 13.2 at http://www.innodb.com/ibman.html
InnoDB: what the error number means.
InnoDB: File name .\c:\mysql\data\ibdata
InnoDB: Cannot continue operation.

From http://www.innodb.com/ibman.html#OS_Error_codes we see:

123 The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
ERROR_INVALID_NAME

>  thanks
>
>  --
>  Hytham Shehab

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
---
InnoDB - transactions, hot backup, and foreign key support for MySQL
See http://www.innodb.com, download MySQL-Max from http://www.mysql.com

Thread
innodb is disabled, how can i make it yes?Hytham Shehab2 Jul
  • Re: innodb is disabled, how can i make it yes?Paul DuBois2 Jul
  • Re: innodb is disabled, how can i make it yes?Hytham Shehab3 Jul
Re: innodb is disabled, how can i make it yes?Heikki Tuuri3 Jul
Re: innodb is disabled, how can i make it yes?Hytham Shehab3 Jul
Re: innodb is disabled, how can i make it yes?Hytham Shehab3 Jul
  • Slow Query: matching criteria AND ordering by primary keyTac3 Jul
    • Re: Slow Query: matching criteria AND ordering by primary keyPaul DuBois3 Jul
Re: innodb is disabled, how can i make it yes?Heikki Tuuri3 Jul
RE: innodb is disabled, how can i make it yes?Bert VdB3 Jul
Re: innodb is disabled, how can i make it yes?Hytham Shehab3 Jul