List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Petre Agenbag Date:July 3 2002 5:52am
Subject:Re: MAX vs plain vanilla mysql
View as plain text
Thanks,

So, just to be 100% sure, the BEST to do is to install max, as I can't
see any reason why NOT to...? No performance issues when used as a plain
vanilla model, no stability and no security issues either, only "down"
side to it is that it is a tad bit larger ?

PS,
Oh, and why do I always get a returned mail when posting to this list,
yet my message still seems to reach it?

Thanks
Petre

Paul DuBois wrote:

> At 19:31 +0200 7/2/02, Petre Agenbag wrote:
>
>> Thanks,
>> So, if you install MySQL MAX, you can use either myisam OR innodb /
>> bdb tables, ie, if I install ONE mysql max server, then different
>> users on the server can use different types of tables(innodb/myisam)
>> as they choose?, also, if you create one db, can you have different
>> types of tables in one db? Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions, just
>> want to know what is possible and what not, was thinking the other
>> day if it wouldn't be etter if one had different types of tables in
>> one relation db ; myisam types for the normal "static" data, and
>> innodb or bdb tables for the tables that need to commit/rollback.
>

> Yes, yes, yes, and yes. :-)

Thread
MAX vs plain vanilla mysqlPetre Agenbag1 Jul
  • Re: MAX vs plain vanilla mysqlEgor Egorov2 Jul
Re: MAX vs plain vanilla mysqlHeikki Tuuri2 Jul
  • Re: MAX vs plain vanilla mysqlPetre Agenbag2 Jul
    • Re: MAX vs plain vanilla mysqlPaul DuBois2 Jul
  • Re: MAX vs plain vanilla mysqlPetre Agenbag3 Jul
Re: MAX vs plain vanilla mysqlHeikki Tuuri3 Jul