MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Crercio O. Silva Date:July 3 2002 12:50am
Subject:BUG: SHOW TABLE STATUS & InnoDB Tables
View as plain text
Hi,

I have just noticed that SHOW TABLE STATUS is returning different number of
rows each time you execute the query. This seams to affect only InnoDB
Tables (Although I have tested only with ISAM/MyISAM/InnoDB Tables).
I'm using MySQL 3.23.49Max on WIN2K.

How to repeat the problem:

Execute the statement SHOW TABLE STATUS many times. In some times (not all)
it will return different number of rows for the same table.
Have anyone else experienced this with other versions?

PS: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM table is working just fine, but on InnoDB tables
with large number of rows (my tables have -+ 300000 records each) it take a
few seconds to get the results.
This is not a big issue for me, but I'd like to confirm that.

Thanks,

[]'s

Crercio O. Silva

Thread
BUG: SHOW TABLE STATUS & InnoDB TablesCrercio O. Silva3 Jul