List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Egor Egorov Date:July 2 2002 2:22pm
Subject:Re: MAX vs plain vanilla mysql
View as plain text
Petre,
Monday, July 01, 2002, 9:26:49 AM, you wrote:

PA> Probably a stupid question, but which is best to have on ones server,
PA> the "old" mysql, or max. I.O.W, if you install MAX and never use innodb
PA> or berkeley tables, will it be equivalent to a normal mysql installation
PA> wrt performance and stability?
PA> I'm asking from an ISP's point of view, if that makes any difference (
PA> obviously if from developer it will depend on the needs of the app..)

MySQL-Max binary is larger. It takes a lot more memory and  it is useless without usage of
InnoDB and/or BDB.

  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Egor Egorov
 / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__   Egor.Egorov@stripped
       <___/   www.mysql.com

Thread
MAX vs plain vanilla mysqlPetre Agenbag1 Jul
  • Re: MAX vs plain vanilla mysqlEgor Egorov2 Jul
Re: MAX vs plain vanilla mysqlHeikki Tuuri2 Jul
  • Re: MAX vs plain vanilla mysqlPetre Agenbag2 Jul
    • Re: MAX vs plain vanilla mysqlPaul DuBois2 Jul
  • Re: MAX vs plain vanilla mysqlPetre Agenbag3 Jul
Re: MAX vs plain vanilla mysqlHeikki Tuuri3 Jul