Hi there,

I'm trying to install MySQL on the system of my ISP, they gave me a root account however I'm not familiar with the distribution they're running. Anyways my problem is as following:

The system is a SunOS 5.5.1 and I was told you needed to install a Solaris binary on that. So I downloaded the mysql-3.22.25-sun-solaris2.6-sparc version, extracted it to /usr/local/mysql-3.22.25-sun-solaris2.6-sparc then made a link /usr/local/mysql to that and tried to run /scripts/mysql_install_db (it's output is in the mysqlerror file) however this stops without creating any tables. It says something about a log file in /data however this only contains two directories who are also both empty ./data/mysql and ./data/test.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,

Ferry van Steen