MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:TD - Sales Int' Holland Date:August 23 1999 8:16am
Subject:mysql_install_db crashes without error logs
View as plain text
Hi there,

I'm trying to install MySQL on the system of my ISP, they gave me a root account however
I'm not familiar with the distribution they're running. Anyways my problem is as
following:

The system is a SunOS 5.5.1 and I was told you needed to install a Solaris binary on that.
So I downloaded the mysql-3.22.25-sun-solaris2.6-sparc version, extracted it to
/usr/local/mysql-3.22.25-sun-solaris2.6-sparc then made a link /usr/local/mysql to that
and tried to run /scripts/mysql_install_db (it's output is in the mysqlerror file) however
this stops without creating any tables. It says something about a log file in /data
however this only contains two directories who are also both empty ./data/mysql and
./data/test.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,

Ferry van Steen

mysql_install_db crashes without error logsTD - Sales Int' Holland23 Aug
  • mysql_install_db crashes without error logssinisa23 Aug
  • mysql_install_db crashes without error logsMichael Widenius27 Aug