List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 22 1999 5:49pm
Subject:Re: Rematch of modified record in update
View as plain text
Hi!

<cut>

Hugo> :This is OK, this is not a bug. You have simply created recursive
Hugo> :update algorigthm .........

Hugo> Thanks for the quick reply.

Hugo> Were that the case, I would have expected the same to happen in my
Hugo> test table with one record. However, it is not how I understand the SQL
Hugo> should work: regardless of implementation, I would expect the effect to
Hugo> be the same as if the where clause were first applied to find the set
Hugo> of matching records, and then the update clause applied (once!) to each
Hugo> member of the matching set.

Hugo> I suspect the fact that I am updating one field of a multi-field key is
Hugo> part of the reason for the problem.

Yes, this explain this case (This is fixed in 3.23.2)

Hugo> Hugo

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Rematch of modified record in updatehugo18 Aug
  • Rematch of modified record in updatesinisa18 Aug
    • Re: Rematch of modified record in updateHugo van der Sanden18 Aug
      • Re: Rematch of modified record in updateMichael Widenius23 Aug
        • Re: Rematch of modified record in updateHugo van der Sanden23 Aug
        • Re: Rematch of modified record in updateHugo van der Sanden2 Sep
          • Re: Rematch of modified record in updateMichael Widenius2 Sep
            • Re: Rematch of modified record in updateHugo van der Sanden3 Sep
              • Re: Rematch of modified record in updateMichael Widenius7 Sep
  • Rematch of modified record in updateMichael Widenius23 Aug