MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Son Nguyen Date:May 16 2002 4:23am
Subject:Re: UTF-8 national characters
View as plain text
   I've been storing data in UTF8 Unicode (Vietnamese) format in mySQL
database. I didn't see any problem of for doing any SELECT statement at
all.

          Son Nguyen

--- "John D. Stein" <john.stein@stripped> wrote:
> All,
>
> I can't seem to find anything about character code sets supported by
> MySQL.  The only thing I found was a note about adding support for
> sorting
> on Unicode at http://www.mysql.com/doc/T/O/TODO_MySQL_4.1.html.
>
> What character sets does MySQL support?  Is Unicode the default for
> national character fields?
>
> John

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
http://launch.yahoo.com
Thread
UTF-8 national charactersJohn D. Stein16 May
  • RE: UTF-8 national charactersRoger Baklund16 May
    • Re: UTF-8 national charactersSven Bentlage16 May
      • Re: UTF-8 national charactersJoel Rees16 May
  • Re: UTF-8 national charactersSon Nguyen16 May
    • please advice me.ally17 May
      • Re: please advice me.Victoria Reznichenko17 May