MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bennie Warren Date:May 16 2002 1:17am
Subject:Database size
View as plain text
I am new to MySQL to begin with. I am running syslog messages to a DB. It
sends anywhere from 3500 to 5600 per minute. I then use PHP to look at the
data. The DB machine is a Dual 1Ghz processor with 1Gb Ram. The problem is
the speed of lookups. The DB has about 7 million rows and is continually
growing. Should I break this up by the day to speed up searches? It takes
about 2 minutes to do a search on the data. Just looking for pointers.

Thanks
Bennie

--
Bennie Warren

Thread
INSERT INTO not workingDaniel Lim16 May
  • Database sizeBennie Warren16 May
  • Re: INSERT INTO not workingSven Bentlage16 May
  • Re: INSERT INTO not workingGerald Clark16 May