MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel Lim Date:May 16 2002 12:59am
Subject:INSERT INTO not working
View as plain text
Hi there,
I have MySql version: 3.23.36 running on RedHat 7.1, it has been
working fine for sometimes until a day ago when the INSERT into for new
record appeared to return OK status but upon verifying the record  isn't
there?

This is an example;

To insert new record:

mysql> INSERT into userdata SET loginname =
'test3',lastname='test3',firstname='Testing 3',middlename='Three';
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

verify inserted record:

mysql> select loginname,firstname,middlename from userdata where
loginname = "test3" ;
Empty set (0.04 sec)

mysql>

Any suggestion is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Regards,
Daniel Lim
UNIX Systems Administartor
NSW Dept. of Public Works
Sydney, Australia
This e-mail message (and attachments) is confidential, and / or
privileged and is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail you must not copy, distribute,
take any action in reliance on it or disclose it to anyone. Any
confidentiality or privilege is not waived or lost by reason of mistaken
delivery to you. DPWS is not responsible for any information not related
to the business of DPWS. If you have received this e-mail in error
please destroy the original and notify the sender

For information on services offered by DPWS, please visit our website at
www.dpws.nsw.gov.au

Thread
INSERT INTO not workingDaniel Lim16 May
  • Database sizeBennie Warren16 May
  • Re: INSERT INTO not workingSven Bentlage16 May
  • Re: INSERT INTO not workingGerald Clark16 May