List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Benjamin Pflugmann Date:May 15 2002 11:24pm
Subject:Re: Alter table
View as plain text
Hi.

Please start a new thread next time, instead of replying to a
completely unrelated topic. Thank you.

It sounds as if you want

ALTER TABLE your_table ADD INDEX( message_id )

It is probably enough to only index some part of that field and save a
lot of space:

ALTER TABLE your_table ADD INDEX( message_id(15) )

For more information about this, have a look in the manual about ALTER
TABLE and CREATE TABLE.

Regards,

	Benjamin.

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 12:47:26AM +0200, admin@stripped wrote:
> Can some please help me?
>
> I created a MySQL table with newsgroup articles in them, and indexed them on
> article_num,
[...]
> message_id varchar(255) not null secondary key
>
> Can I alter the table to this effect, or am I too late? :(

[...]

--
benjamin-mysql@stripped
Thread
        • Re: Alter tableBenjamin Pflugmann16 May
      • Re: Alter tableMark16 May
  • RE: Column Header/ Column DescriptionGurhan Ozen15 May
RE: Column Header/ Column DescriptionPaul DuBois15 May
RE: Column Header/ Column Descriptionmike markovich15 May
RE: Column Header/ Column DescriptionSteve Orr16 May
  • Re: Column Header/ Column DescriptionMark Matthews16 May