List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Keith C. Ivey Date:May 15 2002 9:54pm
Subject:Re: Column Header/ Column Description
View as plain text
On 15 May 2002, at 16:06, Mark Matthews wrote:

> I'm interested in hearing what databases you have used that have this
> functionality? SQL server and Oracle do not, for example.

MS Access does.  Also, it seems a bit inconsistent that MySQL has
metadata (the comment) associated with each table, but has nothing
similar for databases or columns.  It's certainly not essential, but
I've wondered about it before.

--
Keith C. Ivey <keith@stripped>
Tobacco Documents Online
http://tobaccodocuments.org
Thread
Column Header/ Column Descriptionmike markovich15 May
Re: Column Header/ Column DescriptionPaul DuBois15 May
RE: Column Header/ Column Descriptionmike markovich15 May
  • Re: Column Header/ Column DescriptionMark Matthews15 May
    • Re: Column Header/ Column DescriptionKeith C. Ivey15 May
      • Re: Column Header/ Column DescriptionMark Matthews16 May
      • Alter tableMark16 May
        • Re: Alter tableBenjamin Pflugmann16 May
        • RE: Alter tableRoger Baklund16 May
      • Re: Column Header/ Column DescriptionMikeParton16 May
      • Re: Alter tableMark16 May
        • Re: Alter tableBenjamin Pflugmann16 May
      • Re: Alter tableMark16 May
  • RE: Column Header/ Column DescriptionGurhan Ozen15 May
RE: Column Header/ Column DescriptionPaul DuBois15 May
RE: Column Header/ Column Descriptionmike markovich15 May
RE: Column Header/ Column DescriptionSteve Orr16 May
  • Re: Column Header/ Column DescriptionMark Matthews16 May