List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mike markovich Date:May 15 2002 9:30pm
Subject:RE: Column Header/ Column Description
View as plain text
Most of my database work has been on DB2/400. (This the native database for IBM's AS/400
series.)  The reason this is important to me is because I'm transferring data from DB2/400
to MySQL.  The MySQL database is optimized for reporting purposes.  Most users will access
the data via ODBC and, as much as possible, I want the database to be self documenting so
that users can be confident they are using the correct data.  I guess this is one of those
situations where I'll just have to punt.

Finally, Paul, your book has been a great help in getting me up to speed on MySQL and Mark
I've used your JDBC driver for a couple of years now, it's wonderful. Thanks to both of
you for all of your hard work.