List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Matthews Date:May 15 2002 9:06pm
Subject:Re: Column Header/ Column Description
View as plain text

databases, etc. seems pretty important to me.  Why is this > not an issue to
others? Am I approaching this issue the wrong way?  Your thoughts would be
appreciated.

This is usually documented in your data model, not the database itself.
Whether or not that's an Erwin or Visio diagram, or a mysqldump that's
annotated.

I'm interested in hearing what databases you have used that have this
functionality? SQL server and Oracle do not, for example.

    -Mark

Thread
Column Header/ Column Descriptionmike markovich15 May
Re: Column Header/ Column DescriptionPaul DuBois15 May
RE: Column Header/ Column Descriptionmike markovich15 May
  • Re: Column Header/ Column DescriptionMark Matthews15 May
    • Re: Column Header/ Column DescriptionKeith C. Ivey15 May
      • Re: Column Header/ Column DescriptionMark Matthews16 May
      • Alter tableMark16 May
        • Re: Alter tableBenjamin Pflugmann16 May
        • RE: Alter tableRoger Baklund16 May
      • Re: Column Header/ Column DescriptionMikeParton16 May
      • Re: Alter tableMark16 May
        • Re: Alter tableBenjamin Pflugmann16 May
      • Re: Alter tableMark16 May
  • RE: Column Header/ Column DescriptionGurhan Ozen15 May
RE: Column Header/ Column DescriptionPaul DuBois15 May
RE: Column Header/ Column Descriptionmike markovich15 May
RE: Column Header/ Column DescriptionSteve Orr16 May
  • Re: Column Header/ Column DescriptionMark Matthews16 May