MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bill Flanagan Date:May 15 2002 8:42pm
Subject:Newbie asks error 1036 table read only?
View as plain text
Hi, I recently inherited a Mysql 3.23.46 database, have some old ISAM
tables on which I am unable to do updates or inserts. I get error
message #1036 'Table is read only.' I am able to sign on to the database
through the root, set myself up as a superuser in the user table, and
have been able to set up test tables and make inserts etc. so it doesn't
look like a permissions issue. I thought that converting the tables to
myisam might help but of course I get the same error message. When I
copied one of the smaller tables into a new table I was able to update
it. (as a last resort I could do this on all the tables, but some are
large and it doesn't really address why the problem occurred)  Any
suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
                      - Bill Flanagan

Thread
Newbie asks error 1036 table read only?Bill Flanagan15 May
  • Re: Newbie asks error 1036 table read only?Gerald Clark16 May
  • Re: Newbie asks error 1036 table read only?Egor Egorov16 May