List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mike markovich Date:May 15 2002 6:48pm
Subject:Column Header/ Column Description
View as plain text
Hi All,

What is the convention for documenting the contents/purpose of a column in MySql?  Most
databases I have worked with had a way where text could be entered for each column that
described the purpose and or contents of the column.   It seems to me that this is
something that should happen at table creation time, but I've searched for a long time and
haven't found anything.  A more general question might be how is meta data entered or
stored for tables and columns in MySql?

Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks,
Mike

Thread
Column Header/ Column Descriptionmike markovich15 May
Re: Column Header/ Column DescriptionPaul DuBois15 May
RE: Column Header/ Column Descriptionmike markovich15 May
  • Re: Column Header/ Column DescriptionMark Matthews15 May
    • Re: Column Header/ Column DescriptionKeith C. Ivey15 May
      • Re: Column Header/ Column DescriptionMark Matthews16 May
      • Alter tableMark16 May
        • Re: Alter tableBenjamin Pflugmann16 May
        • RE: Alter tableRoger Baklund16 May
      • Re: Column Header/ Column DescriptionMikeParton16 May
      • Re: Alter tableMark16 May
        • Re: Alter tableBenjamin Pflugmann16 May
      • Re: Alter tableMark16 May
  • RE: Column Header/ Column DescriptionGurhan Ozen15 May
RE: Column Header/ Column DescriptionPaul DuBois15 May
RE: Column Header/ Column Descriptionmike markovich15 May
RE: Column Header/ Column DescriptionSteve Orr16 May
  • Re: Column Header/ Column DescriptionMark Matthews16 May