List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Heikki Tuuri Date:May 13 2002 6:21pm
Subject:Re: [bug] Multiple daily crashes of mysql/innodb
View as plain text
Jason,

there are two known bugs which could cause this. A memory overwrite bug in
the glibc build in .49a, and a BLOB handling bug which was only fixed in
3.23.51.

To get resolvable stack traces you should upgrade to 3.23.50 which you get
from http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-3.23-pre.html. Then send the error
log 'hostname'.err for me to examine.

The Linux binary of 3.23.51 was built today. You may also want to wait for
that to be released.

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
---
Order technical MySQL/InnoDB support at https://order.mysql.com/
See http://www.innodb.com for the online manual and latest news on InnoDB

 Our mysql server is crashing multiple times every day.  In looking through
the
logs, in mentions that we should check our key buffer, but the memory size
is well
within our systems ability. Basically, if I don't find out how to prevent
this/what
the problem is then my boss won't allow innodb anymore.
Hardware is a quad-Xeon box, and a dual Pentuim III.
2 gb RAM
dedicated mysql server.

>How-To-Repeat:
 haven't figured it out yet, it does repeat several times a day
>Fix:
 unknown

>Submitter-Id: <submitter ID>
>Originator:

Thread
[bug] Multiple daily crashes of mysql/innodbjason13 May
  • Re: [bug] Multiple daily crashes of mysql/innodbGerald Clark13 May
Re: [bug] Multiple daily crashes of mysql/innodbHeikki Tuuri13 May