MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Date:May 12 2002 12:16am
Subject:AUTOCOMMIT and FLUSH?
View as plain text
Hello folks,

Could somebody please tell me what the effectual difference is between
AUTOCOMMIT and FLUSH? The manual says, "By default, MySQL runs in autocommit
mode. This means that as soon as you execute an update, MySQL will store the
update on disk." Good. But what is left to flush then? INSERT DELAYED
queries and the like? Or any other outstanding queries for that matter?

In concreto, if my news server to be (will use MySQL) is running idle, and
for some bizarre reason mysqld should die, is there always data lost then? I
mean, what would FLUSH do that the autocommit had not taken care of already?

I am sorry to be such a pain. But I really like to have a fairly decent
idea, upfront, about the risks I would run with corrupting the news spool,
before I make the switch.

- Mark

Thread
AUTOCOMMIT and FLUSH?Mark12 May
  • Re: AUTOCOMMIT and FLUSH?Paul DuBois12 May
  • Re: AUTOCOMMIT and FLUSH?Mark12 May