MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jacob Nordgren Date:May 11 2002 8:40am
Subject:Something is blocking a table in our db
View as plain text
Hi,

Something is blocking our table (BOOKS) in a database that we don't have
administrative rights to. (we rent from Hurricane Electric, www.he.net).
Everytime we query the table it gets in the processlist with the state
"Waiting for table". We've killed every process in the processlist but we
still aren't able to query the table. Even if we just do a "SHOW COLUMNS
FROM BOOKS" it gets in the processlist.

mysql> show processlist;
+--------+----------+----------------------------------+----------+---------+------+-------------------+-------------------------+
| Id     | User     | Host                             | db       | Command
| Time | State             | Info                    |
+--------+----------+----------------------------------+----------+---------+------+-------------------+-------------------------+
| 188428 | triplese | localhost                        | triplese | Query
| 0    | NULL              | show processlist        |
| 192458 | triplese | c213-200-186-83.cm-upc.chello.se | triplese | Query
| 6    | Waiting for table | show columns from BOOKS |
+--------+----------+----------------------------------+----------+---------+------+-------------------+-------------------------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

We have other tables in the database. And they work fine. The
characteristics of the BOOKS table is that it's larger than the other ones
(however that's not a reason to lock, is it?).

We need help to locate what's causing this problem. Our website is down
since it's depending on the BOOKS-table.

/ Jacob

Skicka och ta emot Hotmail-meddelanden på din mobilenhet:
http://mobile.msn.com

Thread
Something is blocking a table in our dbJacob Nordgren11 May
Re: Something is blocking a table in our dbJacob Nordgren11 May
Re: Something is blocking a table in our dbJacob Nordgren11 May
Re: Something is blocking a table in our dbJacob Nordgren11 May
  • Re: Something is blocking a table in our dbBenjamin Pflugmann11 May
Re: Something is blocking a table in our dbBenjamin Pflugmann12 May
Re: Something is blocking a table in our dbJacob Nordgren12 May