List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Aaron Rutledge Date:May 10 2002 9:53pm
Subject:RE: why null being returned
View as plain text
I've had simmilar problems.
I had something like this...
String blah = myResultSet.getString("BLAHBLAH");
if(!myResultSet.wasNull()){
if(blah.equals("something)){ ...boom nullPointer exception

I'm not sure why the null value wasn't caught by wasNull(). Anyway I
worked around it by adding an if(blah!=null){ before I used any string
methods such as the equals().  Hope this helps.  If anyone else can
provide an explaination I would be grateful.
--Aaron