MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christophe Demange Date:May 10 2002 2:51pm
Subject:Distributed MySQL : How to synchronize ?
View as plain text
Hello,

I have a question:

We want to real-time synchronize a MySQL database part with a distant
database.
We have a central database containing all the data. This database must share
several parts (records) with the local databases.
All transactions made in the central database must be replicated to the
corresponding local database. This will ensure to have the data available
while the network is down.
In the same time some transactions can be made in the local database, this
includes to have a dual-way replication mechanism.

I have searched replication documentation and articles and I have only found
master-slave relationship. We think this master-slaves relationship doesn't
exactly fit our needs.

Please could you explain us what is the best solution to use for this
architecture.
Thank you for your support.

_________________________________

Christophe DEMANGE
Project Manager

GAEL Consultant
Cité Descartes
18, rue Albert Einstein
77420 Champs-sur-Marne
France

mailto:christophe.demange@stripped
http://www.gael.fr
tel +33-(0)1 64 73 99 55
fax +33-(0)1 64 73 51 60

Thread
Distributed MySQL : How to synchronize ?Christophe Demange10 May
  • Re: Distributed MySQL : How to synchronize ?Jeremy Zawodny10 May
    • RE: Distributed MySQL : How to synchronize ?Peter Lovatt11 May
Re: Distributed MySQL : How to synchronize ?Gelu Gogancea11 May
Re: Distributed MySQL : How to synchronize ?Gelu Gogancea11 May