List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Rich Date:April 25 2002 1:13am
Subject:PHP and MySQL help please !
View as plain text
+ PHP Installed and going - I can write to files, retrieve flatfiles
+ Apache running servers outpages nop probes

Trying to talk to SQL using PHP.
----------
<h1>Go to SQL now</h1>
<?
echo "looking";
   @ $db = mysql_pconnect("localhost", "user", "password");
  if (!$db);
  {
     echo "Error: Could not connect to database.  Please try again later.";
     exit;
  }
  mysql_select_db("test");
  $query = "select * from logbook" ;
  $result = mysql_query($query);
  $num_results = mysql_num_rows($result);
  echo "<p>Number of books found: ".$num_results."</p>";
?>
-------------
What gets me if I can do all this from the mysql prompt:-
laptop>mysql -u user -p (enterpassword gets me in)
mysql>use test;  OK
mysql>select * from logbook;  OK (shows entries no probs);
-------------
What am I doing wrong ?

It doesnt get past the

 @ $db = mysql_pconnect("localhost", "user", "password");

in the code.

??????????????

Andrew

Andrew Rich
Callsign: VK4TEC
andrew.rich@stripped
www.users.bigpond.com/andrew.rich/vk4tec.htm

Andrew Rich
Callsign: VK4TEC
andrew.rich@stripped
www.users.bigpond.com/andrew.rich/vk4tec.htm

Thread
PHP and MySQL help please !Andrew Rich25 Apr
  • RE: PHP and MySQL help please !Andrew Rich25 Apr
    • RE: PHP and MySQL help please !Andrew Rich25 Apr
      • RE: PHP and MySQL help please !Michael Chang25 Apr
    • Re: PHP and MySQL help please !Jan-Michael Ong25 Apr