MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Cary Collett Date:August 19 1999 3:38pm
Subject:Re: Weird MySQL flakeout on HP-UX
View as plain text

The only HPUX binary on the download page is a .tar.gz of version
3.22.23b. I was using that previously, but it refused to notice the
value of the TZ environment variable and reported all times in GMT.

I'll try compiling 3.22.25 with a more recent version of gcc or egcs.

Thanks,
Cary

sinisa@stripped wrote:

> Cary Collett writes:
>  >
>  > On a HP-UX 10.20 machine, mysql 3.22.25, compiled with gcc 2.7.2.3.
>  >
>  > mysqld died, apparently on a routine query. No log entry, but mysqld
>  > wasn't running. safe_mysql restarted it. Then, mysql reported that
>  > one table in a database was missing its .frm file. Other tables in
>  > the db were ok. The .frm file was present. A stop and start of mysql
>  > and the error was gone.
>  >
>  > If anyone has any insight on this little item, I'd love to hear it.
>  >
>  > Cary
>  >

> Hi!
>
> Please try a binary version.
>
> As our fine manual points out :
>
> The binary distribution of *MySQL* for HP-UX is distributed as an HP
> depot file.  This means that you must be running at least HP-UX 10.x to
> have access to HP's software depot tools.
>
> I do not recommend you trying to compile yourself, and definitely not
> with gcc < 2.8.1 or egcz < 1.0.2.
>
> Sinisa

Thread
Weird MySQL flakeout on HP-UXCary Collett19 Aug
  • Re: Weird MySQL flakeout on HP-UXAaron Bush19 Aug
  • Weird MySQL flakeout on HP-UXsinisa19 Aug
  • Re: Weird MySQL flakeout on HP-UXCary Collett19 Aug
    • Re: Weird MySQL flakeout on HP-UXMichael Widenius23 Aug
  • Re: Weird MySQL flakeout on HP-UXCary Collett23 Aug
    • Re: Weird MySQL flakeout on HP-UXMichael Widenius23 Aug