List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Geocrawler.com Date:September 9 1999 11:16am
Subject:ODBC and DATETIME
View as plain text
This message was sent from Geocrawler.com by "Maarten Boekhold"
<maarten.boekhold@stripped>
Be sure to reply to that address.

Hi there,

I'm trying to migrate an application from using the MS Jet DB engine on .mdb files to
directly using ODBC (the app uses DAO and I just want to tell it to use an ODBC data
source instead of a file).

This gave me some problems, which I've solved for most part (for example the app opened
tables in dbOpenTable mode, which I had to change to dbOpenDynaset). I'm left now with the
following:

I have a table that has a DATETIME column. I want to do a select like 'SELECT...FROM table
WHERE ... and BETWEEN t1 AND t2' where t1 and t2 are some representation of a datetime. If
I specify t1/t2 as '1999-09-09 11:00:00' I get an error back from (I think) the ODBC
driver that there's a data type mismatch. The application originally used float numbers to
specify the
datetime, but that apparently only works with MS products. I also tried other
representations of a date/time, to no avail. I tried changing the column definition to
timestamp, but MySQL defines this differently from the SQL92 standard (Date/Darwen, 3rd
edition, page 252).

Does anybody have any tips on how to get this query to work?

Maybe it was not obvious from the preceding story, but if I execute the query directly in
mysql it works, so the problem has to be somewhere in the communication between the app
and mysql, that's why I figured it was the ODBC driver.

Maarten

Geocrawler.com - The Knowledge Archive
Thread
ODBC and DATETIMEGeocrawler.com9 Sep
  • Re: ODBC and DATETIMEChristian Mack13 Sep
  • ODBC and DATETIMEMichael Widenius14 Sep