List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dennis Salguero Date:November 28 2002 12:30pm
Subject:Re: connection to DAO.connection fails usin myodbc
View as plain text
This is the last I'm writing on this since it doesn't relate directly to
MySQL :

You've got to be kidding me!

It would be absolutely foolish to think that implementing DAO over ADO in a
current Win32 application is a smart move. While DAO had a good run, ADO was
designed to replace DAO and it is the obvious choice for any developer worth
his salt - come on, who's heard of DAO.Net? :-)

OK, so ADO has had some patches. But which MS product hasn't had them? It's
just the nature of the beast. Plus, why wouldn't you want to pick an option
that gives you more object, more methods and faster functionality than DAO?
That would be just plain crazy.

Good Luck!

Dennis

FILTER: MySQL , query, SQL