List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Scott Weikart Date:July 17 1999 3:31am
Subject:Re: mysql-3.22.25/coldfusion-4.0/solaris-2.7/sparc/myodbc-2.50.22a/iodbc
View as plain text
I'm the author/maintainer of ftp://ftp.igc.org/pub/myodbc/README .

>I am having a problem getting the cold fusion 4.0 on solaris 2.7 (for sparc)
>to work with myodbc-2.50.22a (with iodbc-2.12) which I downloaded from the
>mysql web site.  everything compiles fine, but when I go to coldfusion and
>click on the ODBC page, I dont see the mysql driver on on the menu there.

The MyODBC driver has never appeared in this menu.
>I have followed all the instructions of the memo:
>ftp://ftp.igc.org/pub/myodbc/README.  If I try to force the issue by manually
>editing the odbc.ini file in the $CFHOME/odbc/ directory, it still tells me
>that it is unable to verify the source.  Has anyone experienced this?

Don't forget that the DSN name has to be the same as the database name.

>I know you must also add the mysql lib path to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>in the coldfusion "start" script..that is not mentioned in the
>README file.

The README install process says to put libmyodbc_mysql into
/opt/coldfusion/lib; but I'll add your method to the document,
just in case people built from the source.

-scott
Thread
Re: mysql-3.22.25/coldfusion-4.0/solaris-2.7/sparc/myodbc-2.50.22a/iodbcScott Weikart17 Jul