List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Houlahan Date:July 13 1999 10:24am
Subject:Checking One's Own Privileges with MySQL
View as plain text
Is there a simple way to check one's own access privileges for a table.

I've got an app (accessed via the web with PHP and ODBC via MSAccess) and
want to display different fields on output screens depending on whether the
current user has update or read-only access. I can think of all sorts of
(scary) techniques for doing this - like attempting a dummy update at the
start of the form load (pretty inefficient) or giving "update" users access
to the mysql DB so they can check security directly via the User table
(dangerous).

There's gotta be a simpler way:-))

Mick

Thread
Checking One's Own Privileges with MySQLMichael Houlahan13 Jul
  • Re: Checking One's Own Privileges with MySQLPaul DuBois15 Jul