MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Anton Shepelev Date:April 12 2019 7:49pm
Subject:Re: Installation of MySQL Connector/ODBC fails
View as plain text
Bogdan Degtyariov to Anton Shepelev:

> > As far as I have understood from the ODBC standard,
> > driver managers are interchangeable so that any ODBC
> > dirver shall work with any ODBC driver manager.  Is
> > myodbc special in this regard?
>
> That is not always the case.  iODBC and UnixODBC have
> different library names.  The ODBC driver needs the driver
> manager libraries to work. Therefore this dependency is
> there...

Although the libraries have different names, they expose the
same interface and are compatible on the binary level.  The
driver can dynamically link to a driver-manager library with
the standard name `libodbcinst.so'.  A symbolic link with
this name can be created pointing to whatever driver manager
is required.  A driver need not depend upon a specific
driver manager.

--
Please, do not forward replies to my e-mail.

Thread
Installation of MySQL Connector/ODBC failsArthur P Goldberg22 Nov
  • Re: Installation of MySQL Connector/ODBC failsArthur P Goldberg22 Nov
    • Re: Installation of MySQL Connector/ODBC failsBogdan Degtyariov23 Nov
      • Re: Installation of MySQL Connector/ODBC failsArthur P Goldberg23 Nov
        • Re: Installation of MySQL Connector/ODBC failsBradley Giesbrecht23 Nov
  • Re: Installation of MySQL Connector/ODBC failsAnton Shepelev11 Mar
    • Re: Installation of MySQL Connector/ODBC failsBogdan Degtyariov2 Apr
  • Re: Installation of MySQL Connector/ODBC failsAnton Shepelev12 Apr
    • Re: Installation of MySQL Connector/ODBC failsBogdan Degtyariov15 Apr